The Top 10 Most Unique Baby Gifts to Give in 2021
It's summer time and that means it's baby season. In fact, summer has been the top season for births in the United States, according to records kept by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and August often wins the title as the month during which the most babies are born.
Of course, if there is a registry, you want to act accordingly and provide something off their list of desired items, but if you want to be a little different get unique gift that will have everyone oohing and aahing.
So, naturally, we want to put together our list of the top, most unique baby gifts of 2021:
This little gem is something that parents will use and treasure for a lifetime, and so will their children. The Baby Keepsake Library is the modern day Baby Book but much easier to store and keep loose items like a hospital bracelet or first lock of hair. We found this or something similar at many online retailers, but prefer www.uncommongoods.com $80-85.00.
2. This one-of-a-kind bedside sleeper ensures that baby is safe and easily accessible to mom. BabyBay’s co-sleeper: A baby bed that mounts onto the side of the parent’s bed while keeping the baby from rolling onto the adult mattress reduces the many times you have to get out of bed during the night, making it easier to fall asleep between feedings. Made by a family-run company in Germany, the semi-circular beechwood construction is anti-bacterial and comprised of sustainably sourced materials. Starts at $225.00 and you can customize the mattress.
3. Customized onesies and bibs are a great way to create a unique gift for the parents-to-be and they are readily available on Etsy. For the sports home divided, cater to both parents with a custom onesie they will both love. Plus, its appropriate for any game.
4. Experts say that swaddling protects your baby against their natural startle reflex, which means better sleep for both of you. It may help calm a colicky baby and help prevent SIDS by keeping unnecessary items like pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals out of your baby's crib. However, a good swaddle wrap seems to warrant a degree in rocket science. The Escape Proof - Easy Change Swaddle makes swaddling easy and fast while making baby feel hugged and loved. Starts at $40.00.
5. Babies are a gift, but the last thing busy parents adjusting to a new baby want to do is cook dinner. Give them a helping hand with a subscription to services like HelloFresh make cooking dinner easy, if it's a nice escape. Others like Freshly let parents simply pop a fresh meal into the microwave or oven to reheat and eat. Another great gift is grocery delivery like Amazon Fresh can be one of the most affordable ways to help a new family. Simply send them a gift card from your Amazon account and they can shop with free delivery for Prime members.
6. Keep those little toesies warm with Zutano Cozie Fleece Baby Booties, Unisex, For Newborns Infants and it's clear that parents and babies love them. They are easy to put on and machine washable, yet soft and warm. They average about $21 and come in 36 colors, meaning you can get more than one pair!
7. What should go under the cute Fleece Baby Booties but these adorable Ziri & Zane socks with animals for the baby and funny sayings for you? Free of harmful phthalates, with low flammability and made in the USA, these socks will bring lots of smiles. Currently $15.95 on Amazon.
8. Poppies Teethers - Not just your everyday teether, Poppies come in various shapes and colors and meant to stimulate your baby's senses, furthering sensory development. They are made with a patented suction cup to double as a bath toy. And just in case you're concerned that the teether goes in baby's mouth, Poppies contain no BPA, PVC, or Phthalates and are Made in the U.S.A. Available at PoppiesToys.com and $9.99 each.
9. Homemade with love. Nothing is more unique than something homemade. New mothers always need am opportunity and a reason to unwind. Why not do both by offering to baby sit while mom takes a bath using homemade bath salts and finish up with some body oil or lotion. a quick internet search brings up several recipes that are easy for anyone to do at home.
10. Help baby explore their surroundings while building muscle strength and gross motor skills. The Crawligator is the only tummy time "toy" that can successfully do all of this, helping baby's development today for a strong future. Retails for $39.95. The Comfort Pad is an additional $5.00.